• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't flash from RC1 to stable release.

I want to update my CM6 RC1 to the newest stable release that just came out. However, when I tried to go into recovery mode, my phone now freezes on the HTC boot up screen. I'm not sure if when I flashed to RC1 if I somehow wiped out recovery or what.

So the problem is whether I should find some way to wipe the whole phone and reflash a ROM and a custom recovery, or if there is a way to simply flash a custom recovery that will allow me to flash the ROM.

Sorry if this problem has already been covered, I spent some time searching through the forums and tried a few things that didn't work. Any ideas would be helpful.

I want to update my CM6 RC1 to the newest stable release that just came out. However, when I tried to go into recovery mode, my phone now freezes on the HTC boot up screen. I'm not sure if when I flashed to RC1 if I somehow wiped out recovery or what.

So the problem is whether I should find some way to wipe the whole phone and reflash a ROM and a custom recovery, or if there is a way to simply flash a custom recovery that will allow me to flash the ROM.

Sorry if this problem has already been covered, I spent some time searching through the forums and tried a few things that didn't work. Any ideas would be helpful.

Is your phone still ok? If it is, you can always download rom manager, flash a new clockworkmod recovery, 'backup current rom' from rom manager, then you can flash the CM6

Reactions: chestont
Upvote 0
Is your phone still ok? If it is, you can always download rom manager, flash a new clockworkmod recovery, 'backup current rom' from rom manager, then you can flash the CM6

thanks, initially it failed to flash the clockwordmod recovery. So i ended up flashing another recovery with that same app that fixed the problem. Much appreciated!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones