• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't get my Google Calendar sub-calendars to all sync

ssavanna

Lurker
Sep 10, 2010
Okay, Ive read some of the other posts on this but it seems like the directions for clearing the calendar cache and other tips don't work for the epic.

I have five calendars on my Google Calendar : Personal, School, Finance, Work and Tasks.

I am only getting Personal and Finance on my Epic for some reason. I am not sure why this occurred but I have not figured out a solution and its getting very frustrating since I bought an Android phone almost specifically for the easy google calendar integration.

Any ideas for correcting this solely for the Epic?

Reactions: mumbl3r
yeah, whats even stranger is that I can add new calendars and they show up fine on the epic.

But I still cant see my other calendars. I would just delete them and re create and re-add all of my data but that wont solve my default "task" calendar not showing up since Google Calendar wont allow you to delete that.

Upvote 0
yeah, I just went ahead and deleted the two other calendars not showing up and re-added them and all of the events associated with each one. Pain in the ass, but fixed the problem.

Heres what I think is occurring. In the Google Calendar (on computer) you can check and uncheck which calendars you want to see at that specific time. I think that when you first sync your new Epic with your Gmail account it will only pull the calendars that are checked at that specific time.

Since you cant delete or uncheck the "tasks" tab on your calendar , I have no idea how you could possibly fix this, aside from rebooting your phone back to factory settings and re-adding your gmail account info and ensuring that all calendars are checked.

Upvote 0
I am hoping one of you can answer my question. I have always used my iPod Touch for my calendar. So, I am not experienced with google calendar. Is the task calendar you mention the default one? I can't get my Epic to sync with it. I added things to the Epic and it doesn't show up on the google calendar. Is that because I need to make a new one? I was hoping that I could figure out how to sync my iPod Touch with google calendar (no luck there either) and then sync to my Epic and then I would have everything that is in my Touch.

Reactions: shp13
Upvote 0
The related issue is that the default 'my calendar' in the Epic doesn't sync w/ Google calendars and I've found no ways to import it into google calendars (although in reality I would rather change the default to one of MY calendars). I did link to my gmail account immediately when activating phone and my calendars from google do show up. but appts entered on the phone don't sync to google UNLESS I change them to one of my other calendars. Pretty darn stupid.......

So far I've only found complaints about the same thing, going back well before the Epic. No solutions from Android???

Upvote 0
I decided to import all by separate calendars into a single calendar for syncing. I had a lot of clean up to do because not all the events were imported so I manually went through and changed the calendar to the one comprehensive calendar and then deleted all the other calendars.

This worked....but.....now I have a new issue...only one month of past events transferred....I have years of data in my google calendar.

Does anyone know how to get more than one month in the past to transfer?

Thanks.

D5Ful

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones