• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't kill certain apps/processes

HotBranch

Sep 20, 2010
After searching, I was unable to find any post that deals with my particular problem, and I don't know if it's a problem or something I have to deal with.

On my LG Eve (unlocked, not yet rooted), when I run TasKiller, I notice that there are two items in the list that look like configuration files (window with a gear in front of it):

com.tni.TasKiller:Capptain
beworx.com

Obvisouly, the first one is linked to TasKiller and if I kill the configuration file, it kills the TasKiller process. When I try to kill beworx.com, though, it does nothing. The file remains in the list and is also visible in the TasKiller widget. (Speaking of the widget, when I kill TasKiller, the icon for the 2 configuration files usually remain, even if I autokill everything.)

Doing a little searching on the tubes, I found that beworx.com are the developer for Quick Settings. I don't think I downloaded that app yet, but I might have and subsequently deleted it. Is it possible that the configuration file remains after I uninstall an app? If so, how do I remove that config file?

I'm testing out a bunch of different apps, trying to find just the right ones, so I am installing and uninstalling a bunch of different stuff on an almost daily basis. I'm currently using Uninstaller by Rhythm Software, v1.3.8. Is there a better (more thorough) uninstaller?

TIA!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones