Can't kill certain apps/processesSupport

Last Updated:

1. HotBranch

HotBranch Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 20, 2010
    After searching, I was unable to find any post that deals with my particular problem, and I don't know if it's a problem or something I have to deal with.

On my LG Eve (unlocked, not yet rooted), when I run TasKiller, I notice that there are two items in the list that look like configuration files (window with a gear in front of it):

Obvisouly, the first one is linked to TasKiller and if I kill the configuration file, it kills the TasKiller process. When I try to kill, though, it does nothing. The file remains in the list and is also visible in the TasKiller widget. (Speaking of the widget, when I kill TasKiller, the icon for the 2 configuration files usually remain, even if I autokill everything.)

Doing a little searching on the tubes, I found that are the developer for Quick Settings. I don't think I downloaded that app yet, but I might have and subsequently deleted it. Is it possible that the configuration file remains after I uninstall an app? If so, how do I remove that config file?

I'm testing out a bunch of different apps, trying to find just the right ones, so I am installing and uninstalling a bunch of different stuff on an almost daily basis. I'm currently using Uninstaller by Rhythm Software, v1.3.8. Is there a better (more thorough) uninstaller?

2. 5hZJ

5hZJ New Member

Oct 2, 2010
    You can run Startup Manager for android and that will stop any processes from starting that you don't want. You will need to root your phone though. If you need help with that, just ask.