• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't Logon To Forum Anymore

I've been on this forum for a few years but you've complately changed it and now I can't logon to it. I don't see any "logon" option anymore.
Any chance you can log back out, screenshot where you would expect to see the login, and attach here?

I'm guessing you're mobile? The navigation layout isn't optimized properly for mobile yet but definitely need to make sure people can get logged in!

Thanks for the heads up on this!

Upvote 0
Here's where there is no login. I went to the Dark Theme to log in. I'm on my laptop using Firefox
nologin.png

Upvote 0
Heck I hardly use my phone on the web except for a rando Google search for certain information at work, if that. My only use for a web browser on my tablet is for YouTube since it's from 2012 and the app no longer works. I hate mobile sites. I remember when Steve Jobs back in 2007 mentioning one of the major benefits of the 'new' iPhone being 'desktop-class browsing' and making jokes about WAP, yet here we are in 2023 with crappy modern WAP remakes, gimped as all get out. Worse yet, you can't even escape some sites doing it on a freaking laptop if you use an 'unpopular' browser such as Firefox or Brave.

Upvote 0
gotta love that change for sake of change stuff....

I could give you 1 million reasons why this isn't "change for the sake of change", but here are two...

af-emerging.png

1. Interest in Android has been declining for a decade now- people are largely content and complacent with their phones.
  2. Social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and especially Reddit have replaced Forums as the defacto first stop for News and Q&A

At its core, AF was built as a community of tech early adopters. We rallied around cool new product launches. We followed fun, emerging tech stories and stuck around to share our excitement (or disappointment) and insight (or ask questions) in those first days, weeks, and months of a product's life cycle.

Android Forums was an amazing destination for more than a decade, but we need to step into a new purpose that meets the needs of a community that has drastically evolved and essentially moved on from both "Android" and "Forums".

There are a bunch of loyal AFers that have stuck around. I'm forever grateful for your participation! But we need to make this place inviting and purposeful for the hundreds of thousands of AF members that left and haven't come back. We need to give them a reason to come back and check us out and reasons to keep coming back and visiting. I can't think of a better reason to keep returning to a tech forum than seeing the best list of new products and a calendar of noteworthy upcoming launches- so that's where I'm starting and I welcome you to join in creating the lists and keeping them updated!

And if that wasn't enough, we need change because I need change. I want to feel inspired and reinvigorated again. I will always have a deep love and appreciation for Android Forums, but all good things must come to an end... why not couple it with a beautiful new beginning?

Rather than continue insisting that AF should remain status quo, I implore you to be patient, optimistic, and see where the road takes us. A positive attitude can go a long way... especially as lurkers and other members follow along.

Let your hair down and have some fun with this!

Upvote 0
I am not impressed with how the "kids" want their internet served, I wished I could still have the XP Pro OS !

I do not like touch screen, Ipad look, tablet look, or any other "fad" that is going around, just deliver my content to my device and let me alone.

The world changes everyday, and if we do not change with it, we will be left behind ....

Thnkx to Rob for wanting to keep us "in the game".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones