• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't put flash_image into system/bin

Squiggy

Android Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2010
San Diego, CA
This may have been asked before, but if it has, I can't find it.

In order to root, I've got to have Flash_image in the system/bin directory. I don't have that file in the directory. I have the flash_image file from the RUU 2.1 leak I installed yesterday, but due to having no root access, I cannot copy the file into the system/bin folder.

I tried rooting and got stuck at flash_image recovery recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img because it kept saying "flash_image not found"

Any ideas?

this is a perfect example of why running a RUU for a version not yet proven to be rootable is not a good idea. it also shows that after 2.1 is released we may in fact lose the ability to root until the devs figure it out again.

I didn't mean to post a soapbox that you could stand on. I was simply looking for help, which I did find elsewhere. I got the file where I needed it and went through the entire rooting process. Everything went as expected, but it does not appear that the phone is rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones