• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't quit a call at home screen

zeemeerman2

Lurker
Apr 10, 2011
I didn't found my problem in the forums, and I'm not sure this is the correct forum to post my problem into. My apologies if I'm wrong.

When I sometimes accidentally call a wrong person by tapping the wrong button, I want to cancel the call before I'm charged for the call.

To do so, I intuitively press the home button on my Wildfire, since the home button quits the application (and so quits the call). At least, that's my reasoning.

But when I do so, the call doesn't end, and I'm unable to go back to the call screen to end the call. As soon as I enter the home screen, the screen locks, like it's in standby. When I press the standby button to view the lock screen, swipe my finger to unlock the lock screen and arrive at the home screen, within a few (1-3) seconds, the screen locks up again.

The only thing I know that helps, is just shutting down the phone. That ends the call, but I know there has to be some other way around.

What can I do to quickly end a call when I'm in the home screen?

Sorry, I'm a bit stressed at the moment because of this, posting this message just after the issue happened, and my English vocabulary/grammar suffers because of it.

Practical information:
- HTC Wildfire
- Android 2.2
- LauncherPro (free version)

I didn't found my problem in the forums, and I'm not sure this is the correct forum to post my problem into. My apologies if I'm wrong.

When I sometimes accidentally call a wrong person by tapping the wrong button, I want to cancel the call before I'm charged for the call.

To do so, I intuitively press the home button on my Wildfire, since the home button quits the application (and so quits the call). At least, that's my reasoning.

But when I do so, the call doesn't end, and I'm unable to go back to the call screen to end the call. As soon as I enter the home screen, the screen locks, like it's in standby. When I press the standby button to view the lock screen, swipe my finger to unlock the lock screen and arrive at the home screen, within a few (1-3) seconds, the screen locks up again.

The only thing I know that helps, is just shutting down the phone. That ends the call, but I know there has to be some other way around.

What can I do to quickly end a call when I'm in the home screen?

Sorry, I'm a bit stressed at the moment because of this, posting this message just after the issue happened, and my English vocabulary/grammar suffers because of it.

Practical information:
- HTC Wildfire
- Android 2.2
- LauncherPro (free version)
Hi,
Have you got a solution?
I too felt similar problem with Samsung S2. But FOUND A SOLUTION. Please let me know if it works.
When call is on, there will be icon shown in notification area on top left. You can just move your finger from top of screen to bottom. Then you will get notifications along with option to end the call.

Regarding screen getting locked immediately, your phone might have locking time set to very small value. you may change & see.

Hope it helps you :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones