• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Third party screen lock app

Ajrox22

Lurker
Sep 6, 2018
I want to install a third party screen lock app in my smartphone. I want when I press the power button and when the screen turns on then it asks for pattern or pin. I know this feature is already available by default but it's not that much good so I want a third party app. Please give me the link and it doesn't matter whether it's a free app or paid.

Reactions: manole2023
If you're looking for third-party screen lock apps, there are various options available for both Android and iOS devices. These apps often provide additional features beyond the standard screen lock mechanisms that come with your device. Here are a few examples:

For Android:​

1. Hi Locker:
    • Offers a variety of lock screen styles.
    • Provides quick app launch shortcuts.
  2. AcDisplay:
    • Displays notifications on your lock screen.
    • Minimalistic design.
  3. CM Locker:
    • Includes a variety of wallpapers and themes.
    • Provides weather information on the lock screen.
  4. Solo Locker:
    • Customizable lock screen themes.
    • Quick access to frequently used apps.
  5. Next Lock Screen:
    • Developed by Microsoft.
    • Includes features like calendar events, missed calls, and quick app launch.

For iOS:​

1. Lockdown:
    • Offers customizable lock screen themes.
    • Provides a photo and video vault.
  2. Lock Screen & Notifications:
    • Allows for customization of lock screen notifications.
    • Provides a clean and simple design.
  3. Watchdog:
    • Adds an extra layer of security by taking a photo of intruders.
    • Customizable themes and wallpapers.
  4. iLocker - Lock Screen:
    • Provides quick access to camera and flashlight.
  5. Lock Screen Wallpaper:
    • Allows for custom wallpapers on the lock screen.
    • Simple and easy to use.
Before downloading any third-party app, make sure to read user reviews and check the app's permissions to ensure that it meets your security and privacy preferences. Additionally, note that the availability of these apps may vary based on your region and device model. Always download apps from official app stores to ensure they are legitimate and safe.

Reactions: Ajrox22 and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Just to warn you, "CM Locker" is produced by Cheetah Mobile, a developer infamous for data mining, privacy violations, deceptive advertising, and who were eventually removed from the Play Store for fraud - since when their management have faced charges for insider trading. I wouldn't myself install anything that might have any connection to that company, since they are frankly rotten to the core and cannot be trusted in any way.

Upvote 0
If you're looking for third-party screen lock apps, there are various options available for both Android and iOS devices. These apps often provide additional features beyond the standard screen lock mechanisms that come with your device. Here are a few examples:

For Android:​

1. Hi Locker:
    • Provides quick app launch shortcuts.
  2. AcDisplay:
    • Displays notifications on your lock screen.
    • Minimalistic design.
  3. CM Locker:
    • Includes a variety of wallpapers and themes.
    • Provides weather information on the lock screen.
  4. Solo Locker:
    • Customizable lock screen themes.
    • Quick access to frequently used apps.
  5. Next Lock Screen:
    • Developed by Microsoft.
    • Includes features like calendar events, missed calls, and quick app launch.

For iOS:​

1. Lockdown:
    • Offers customizable lock screen themes.
    • Provides a photo and video vault.
  2. Lock Screen & Notifications:
    • Allows for customization of lock screen notifications.
    • Provides a clean and simple design.
  3. Watchdog:
    • Adds an extra layer of security by taking a photo of intruders.
    • Customizable themes and wallpapers.
  4. iLocker - Lock Screen:
    • Provides quick access to camera and flashlight.
  5. Lock Screen Wallpaper:
    • Allows for custom wallpapers on the lock screen.
    • Simple and easy to use.
Before downloading any third-party app, make sure to read user reviews and check the app's permissions to ensure that it meets your security and privacy preferences. Additionally, note that the availability of these apps may vary based on your region and device model. Always download apps from official app stores to ensure they are legitimate and safe.
Thank you very much dude! You made my day. I want to kiss you (no, no I ain't homosexual! lol :D). Firstly I searched for "next lock screen" in google playstore but it didn't appear then I searched in google and visited this link Next Lock Screen (Android)
and I downloaded and installed it. This app is exactly what I wanted. I'm so much happy! :)

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones