• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't Record

I use ... Voice Recorder.

... Thom

Thom I tried it and like the other 3 it just records voice and no calls. When I touch the red record it does nothing while on a call. I had no trouble before JB and also with my old Dinc. I downloaded All Call Recorder prior to posting and it did say my phone will not let me record. So I don't know if there's a certain setting or what.:thinking:

Thanks

Upvote 0
Sorry that I don't have an answer other than this kludge: If these calls are all calls that you receive, rather than place, then you could use Google Voice. Have the calls go to your Google Voice number and, once you enable the feature in GV, for any received calls you can press 4 while on the call to start recording.

Reactions: xguy
Upvote 0
Sorry that I don't have an answer other than this kludge: If these calls are all calls that you receive, rather than place, then you could use Google Voice. Have the calls go to your Google Voice number and, once you enable the feature in GV, for any received calls you can press 4 while on the call to start recording.

Thanks, I never heard of that but will try it. I think it has to do with my phone or either the JB update. Maybe there is a setting I'm missing.

Upvote 0
Thom I tried it and like the other 3 it just records voice and no calls. When I touch the red record it does nothing while on a call. I had no trouble before JB and also with my old Dinc. I downloaded All Call Recorder prior to posting and it did say my phone will not let me record. So I don't know if there's a certain setting or what.:thinking:

Thanks

Prior to this response I thought you were just recording conversations.

I have found no app that allows you to record a phone conversation.

The write-up for ... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.soundmobilesystems.android.recorder&hl=en ... claims that it does.

... Thom

Upvote 0
Thanks, I never heard of that but will try it.

If you don't know about it already, Google Voice is a free service. It assigns a telephone number, then you can set up the phone numbers that you own to Google Voice so all received calls are forwarded to those phones. So, if you receive a call on the Google Voice number, it will ring each of the phone numbers (such as your cell phone and a home landline). In addition, you can set Google Voice as the voicemail service for your cell phone, giving you the equivalent of visual voicemail for free. (It also tries to convert the voice mail to text, which you can read before listening to the vmail, and it can be texted to you, and/or sent to you by email as well.)

There are other useful features as well - such as forcing numbers that are not in your contact list to announce themselves before the phone will ring through, or even automatically forwarding unknown numbers directly to voice mail.

Great service.

Reactions: xguy
Upvote 0
If you don't know about it already, Google Voice is a free service. It assigns a telephone number, then you can set up the phone numbers that you own to Google Voice so all received calls are forwarded to those phones. So, if you receive a call on the Google Voice number, it will ring each of the phone numbers (such as your cell phone and a home landline). In addition, you can set Google Voice as the voicemail service for your cell phone, giving you the equivalent of visual voicemail for free. (It also tries to convert the voice mail to text, which you can read before listening to the vmail, and it can be texted to you, and/or sent to you by email as well.)

There are other useful features as well - such as forcing numbers that are not in your contact list to announce themselves before the phone will ring through, or even automatically forwarding unknown numbers directly to voice mail.

Great service.

Now that is cool and I have to try it. The down side to it is I can only record calls coming in not going out, if I understood correctly.

Upvote 0
Prior to this response I thought you were just recording conversations.

I have found no app that allows you to record a phone conversation.

The write-up for ... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.soundmobilesystems.android.recorder&hl=en ... claims that it does.

... Thom

I had voice record when I bought my Dinc and it was factory installed and recorded both incoming and outgoing as I selected. Now I can't find nothing for this. There are several free apps that record phone calls, but my phone tells it won't allow it! I have uninstalles all of them and just installed All Call recorder but it doesn't work.:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones