• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help cant reinstall swype after upgrade to 2.2

Sisaacs

Android Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2010
Okay loosing my mind here. I used the run and upgraded to 2.2 and of course in the process lost my swipe. So, I resent myself the email and tried to teinstall. I am getting an error that says I am not using the same device registered at beta.swipe.com. I have tried all the suggestions on their faq page ( closing programs, deleting and downloading, etc.) To no avail. Anyone got any Ideas? I can't type on this thing anymore without it!:eek:

Okay loosing my mind here. I used the run and upgraded to 2.2 and of course in the process lost my swipe. So, I resent myself the email and tried to reinstall. I am getting an error that says I am not using the same device registered at beta.swipe.com. I have tried all the suggestions on their faq page ( closing programs, deleting and downloading, etc.) To no avail. Anyone got any Ideas? I can't type on this thing anymore without it!:eek:

Weird, mine reinstalled with no problem.
Wish I could be more help, but I got nothing.

Upvote 0
Figured it out this morning. For whatever reason swype would not install untill I went in through astro file manager which I reinstalled this morning. I found the swype file in astro and clicked on install and that's all it took.i am happly swyping again. Don't know why it wouldn't install without astro but oh well it works now so I am a happy girl again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones