• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help cant reload factory boot rom

Well I thought I bricked my Captivate.... I have been told that you cannot do so. well here is my situation.
I just purchased a Samsung Captivate, I unboxed it today and got everything up and running. While installing I had a problem, the first few apps I loaded on went smooth. I added Facebook, Twitter, LastPass, Prey and I updated Google Maps all with no problem. I then attempted to install Shazam and before the installation could complete there was an error message which I did not have time to write down before the device power cycled. Immediately after the device rebooted all the AT&T splash screen loaded and then the screen went blank for a few seconds and then unfortunatly that cycle repeated splash screen then black. The battery was not fully charged however I did not get a low battery indicator however I did place the phone on the charger until it said 100% on the green battery that comes on the screen. I once again attempted to bootup to the same screen/reboot process. So I did some research of my own and figured out how to load the Samsung Recovery Utils so I held both the up and down buttons and pressed power voila system recovery I think I'm on the right track. Having just gotten the phone and only loading one contact into it so far I determine that I should delete all user data. I attempted this and wiped the device followed by a reboot. Upon powering back up the same screen/reboot process begins again.
SO I then attempted to reload the factory boot rom with no success... I have installed the drivers and connected to the device in recovery mode. I have used Odin3 1 click Installer. It successfully copied the files to the device I connected everything in download mode yet still am unable to boot my device
HELP!!! LOL Thanks in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones