Can't remove microSD Card

Last Updated:

1. dodger55fan

dodger55fan Well-Known Member

Sorry if this is a dumb question/problem I just got my droid yesterday, but when I take out my battery I can't seem to take out my microSD card ... are you supposed to just pull it out (it seems stuck) or push it in and then it'll release or slide?

2. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

You are supposed to just pull it right out. I put my fingernail on the ridge on the top of the card and push it out.

dodger55fan likes this.
  3. GoodEnough

GoodEnough Well-Known Member

Yup, I can't get mine out either. What a piece of shit design.

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

After removal of the battery, you should see that little lip on the bottom edge of the card that you need to get a hold of to pull it out. if it is not coming out easily, be thankful, b/c some people have SDCard slots that are too loose and the SDCard will spontaneously pop out - and that can be a very problematic development, especially if it happens right when you are using the phone....While the battery should ensure that it does not move, there is enough of a small gap that problems have been reported.

If you can see the lip, try using something with a fine edge, like a knife (dull is fine, don' want to cut yourself) to see if you can wiggle it out.