can't root my phone

Last Updated: 2010-08-16 17:35:14
  1. SweetGreen

SweetGreen Member

As much as I try I can't seem to get my behold 2 to respond to adb to root it. I have Linux mint and Win7 to use for this. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. bearsfan85

bearsfan85 Well-Known Member Developer

are you using 32 or 64 bit versions
  3. SweetGreen

SweetGreen Member

For windows I have 64 bit linux 32 bit
  4. bearsfan85

5. SweetGreen

SweetGreen Member

I have only home premium for 7 my and laptop. I will try the linux route again.
  6. lych

lych Well-Known Member

You can use Windows 64bit with adb. You just have to temporarily disable driver signing enforcement first as 64bit version of Windows won't load unsigned drivers. Use USBDeview to remove all traces of your behold II USB drivers first. Then reboot your computer and start tapping F8. Once the boot menu appears, select the option called "Disable Driver Signing Enforcement...". Then proceed as normal (install drivers, adb blah blah blah). Doing this will only disable driver signing enforcement for the current Windows session.
  7. bearsfan85

I tried that route with my laptop and some bios dont have that option
  8. lych

lych Well-Known Member

The bios has nothing to do with it. All you do is keep tapping f8 immediately after turning the computer on. You need to actually restart the laptop, not hibernate, sleep, or hybrid sleep. If that still doesn't work, use bcdedit to make the changes. See here for instructions.
  9. bearsfan85

ill have to give that a try then, I already tried turning off signing but got nothing, was going trough group policy, I just called it quits with that and installed a virtual console
  10. SweetGreen

SweetGreen Member

The adb command is not found and im in the folder I get this when I try to enter the command

linuxmint tools # adb push try3 /data/local
    No command 'adb' found, did you mean:
    Command 'cdb' from package 'tinycdb' (main)
    Command 'gdb' from package 'gdb' (main)
    Command 'aub' from package 'aub' (universe)
    Command 'dab' from package 'bsdgames' (universe)
    Command 'zdb' from package 'zfs-fuse' (universe)
    Command 'mdb' from package 'mono-debugger' (universe)
    Command 'tdb' from package 'tads2-dev' (multiverse)
    Command 'pdb' from package 'python' (main)
    Command 'jdb' from package 'openjdk-6-jdk' (main)
    Command 'ab' from package 'apache2-utils' (main)
    adb: command not found
    linuxmint tools #

I already text file the wiki said you should and it still does this.
  11. Nu11u5

Nu11u5 Well-Known Member Developer

12. SweetGreen

SweetGreen Member

I had android sdk you could have said try using odin the way you put it made you sound a bit snobbish
  13. Nu11u5

Nu11u5 Well-Known Member Developer

Sorry I didn't mean to sound so.

With adb make sure that either the tools directory is in your PATH environment variable or call the program with it's path explicitly, i.e.
    Code (Text):
    1. /home/nu11u5/android-sdk_r06-linux_86/tools/adb
    IIRC you have to modify a system file so that it will properly detect the BH2 as an android device since it uses a different ID (go Samsung :confused:)
  14. SweetGreen

SweetGreen Member

Even set to executeable it still can't find it in the folder using terminal.