• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant transfer files PC > Android

CowboyBob

Lurker
Jan 13, 2014
HI,
I can't seem to transfer files, any files, from my pc to my LGE980.
I'm using a USB connection, and setting up the phone in media transfer mode.. It connects to the pc no problem, and from the PC I can navigate anywhere on the Android I want, I can even create directories, ... But when I try to transfer a file.. into Any directory, I get the message " you can not copy to here, try another location". But it doesnt matter where I try to copy the file, ( in this case I've tried word docs ) I always get the same message... now here's the kicker... Awhile back, when I first got the phone, I was able to transfer video files to the phone, using the same proceedure as above. Also, I have an andoid Tablet, which I have absolutley no problem, using the same proceedure and cables.....
any ideas?
Cowboy Bob

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones