• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't Update to froyo, should i send it in to Samsung?

mrbonelly

Mar 4, 2011
NJ
I just purchased this phone on Feb 14th here in the USA via Tmobile. I've downloaded and installed Kies mini. At first the phone wouldn't be detected by the software so i called Samsung support. They got it to work after a while by installing/uninstalling drivers/etc etc.
Anyhow once it updated to the latest Kies mini version and going through the binary download update download screen then it gives an error that it couldn't be updated and said that i may need to do an emergency recovery(didn't need to as i just took out the battery and all was back to normal). I've done this twice with and without my firewall/antivirus runing. Here's the screen i get on the phone:

Is there a fix to this besided an alternative software? I really do not want to tinker around by using a misc software to update it at home and possible mess it up.

Should I send this in to Samsung for them to flash it under warranty? Last thing I want is to receive a refurbished phone this early(if they get lazy at the shops).

i'd take it back to where you bought it and get them to do it. They should do it without question given 2.2 was well in existence when u bought it.
You will get the latest and greatest official release this way - and it will give you time to read up about the other ways to do things without that uuuuuuseless Kies software..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones