• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't upload pictures

kstin22

Lurker
Oct 16, 2010
Hi all :)
Usually when I want to upload pictures to my computer I hook up my phone via USB cord and transfer them, that way I can edit them and what not. Lately though, every time I try to go into my "DCIM" folder (aka Camera Pictures) to transfer them my Windows Explorer freezes up and I basically can't do anything to transfer my pictures. I have dropped my phone in water but this was a few months ago and every thing else has seemed fine so far. Could it possibly be the SD card? Any response would help. Thank you much :D

It seems strange that it would be the SD card if the camera can use it, but sometimes Windows is goofy. :)
If your (or someone you know) computer has an SD card slot and you have an adapter to go from micro SD to mini SD (which is probably the size the computer can read) you could try plugging it directly into the computer to see if it can read the card that way.

Upvote 0
Ah, if the phone is complaining about the card also then it's likely the SD card is on it's way out. You should probably consider doing everything you can to back up the data on your SD card to the computer (I'm thinking photos, music, books, that sort of thing) - assuming you can find a way to get your computer to read the SD card one more time. And I suspect you're about to be in the market for a new SD card.
However, before you replace it completely you might try simply reformatting it to see if that alleviates the problem. Reformatting it will delete all of your data, so plan accordingly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones