• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't upload videos to instagram

JayGirl

Lurker
Mar 13, 2015
I can't upload videos to instagram. I have an B1-710 Acer Android tablet, version 4.1.2. Whenever I upload a video, it says upload failed. Only once, the first time I tried to upload an video onto instagram on my tablet, when I tried to upload a video I sent via Bluetooth from my phone, it uploaded but the video was white for quite a bit and only played the music. And I can't upload from my phone because the video works on there, but the thumbnail is always black after uploading unless I uninstall and
reinstall the app, and even with that, it only works once. My phone is a LG Motion, Android version 4.0.4. I've never had this problem on this device until recently.

I've contacted Instagram about the issue to no avail. Can't find very much help through google or here, more people with the problem than people willing to try and help. I've done just about every suggestion I could find to no avail. This is frustrating because I run a pretty big instagram page, and who wants just black video icons or no videos on their page that a lot of people see? Please help.

How long has the problem been occurring? (Perhaps it is just a server-side bug)
Have you tried using another network to upload?
Is your app current? Tried downgrading to an older version?
It's been happening since February for both devices. I haven't tried using another network yet. I usually upload on my home Wi-Fi. The app on both of my devices are current, and for my tablet I have tried using an older version but it still doesn't work.

Upvote 0
It's been happening since February for both devices. I haven't tried using another network yet. I usually upload on my home Wi-Fi. The app on both of my devices are current, and for my tablet I have tried using an older version but it still doesn't work.
Hmm. My first thought was incompatible video for whatever reason (especially your weird transition to a white video), but their website is obtuse when it comes to requirements. I only see that video length should be limited to 3-15 seconds. Best of luck.

Upvote 0
Hmm. My first thought was incompatible video for whatever reason (especially your weird transition to a white video), but their website is obtuse when it comes to requirements. I only see that video length should be limited to 3-15 seconds. Best of luck.
Yeah. I've tried every format Instagram uses to no avail. My videos are usually shorter than the required length as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones