• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't use phone blackscreen!!

Bobbyd777

Lurker
Sep 6, 2014
ok new to this forum and new to customizing android devices, but here we go. I have a Samsung SGH-i337 (at&t) dont have all the info because i cant get into about phone to write it down rooted lastest updates kit kat 4.2.2 i believe stock rom and kernel .Two days ago i downloaded a app called pimp my rom from play store, followed a guide on what settings to run on youtube and then it required reboot after the changes i made so i dowloaded quick reboot from play store and rebooted . Upon startup the system ui stopped and kept stopping so i deleted the two apps immediately and restarted didnt work , then i removed go launcher because i saw on another thread that it might be the theme or launcher . When i removed go launcher then touchwiz home began to crash over and over. So now i cant get into ANYTHING... settings menu... just a black screen but i still hear notifications and my phone still works( if you could call it that) I read to clear touchwiz cache and data doubt it would help i managed to clear the cache on android system before i removed touchwiz and that didnt fix it . I've attempted factory reset and full wipe and nothing ,thought i had backup files but i dont. Is there any way to upload a custom rom or stock rom via odin or stock restore mode??? maybe from external storage that doesn't require the screen does anyone know if a new rom would fix this Please Help i am lost !?!?!?! i can provide more details if needed i just didnt know what all was relevant any links or help will be much appreciated, cheers

ok new to this forum and new to customizing android devices, but here we go. I have a Samsung SGH-i337 (at&t) dont have all the info because i cant get into about phone to write it down rooted lastest updates kit kat 4.2.2 i believe stock rom and kernel .Two days ago i downloaded a app called pimp my rom from play store, followed a guide on what settings to run on youtube and then it required reboot after the changes i made so i dowloaded quick reboot from play store and rebooted . Upon startup the system ui stopped and kept stopping so i deleted the two apps immediately and restarted didnt work , then i removed go launcher because i saw on another thread that it might be the theme or launcher . When i removed go launcher then touchwiz home began to crash over and over. So now i cant get into ANYTHING... settings menu... just a black screen but i still hear notifications and my phone still works( if you could call it that) I read to clear touchwiz cache and data doubt it would help i managed to clear the cache on android system before i removed touchwiz and that didnt fix it . I've attempted factory reset and full wipe and nothing ,thought i had backup files but i dont. Is there any way to upload a custom rom or stock rom via odin or stock restore mode??? maybe from external storage that doesn't require the screen does anyone know if a new rom would fix this Please Help i am lost !?!?!?! i can provide more details if needed i just didnt know what all was relevant any links or help will be much appreciated, cheers

A custom rom or return to stock will fix it.Sounds like you need the stock Launcher.

Reactions: Bobbyd777
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones