• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Capacitive Button Not Lit Up

Alright guys. I initiated this thread because I really had a legitimate inquiry and expected constructive answers. Thanks again to Putty for providing that answer. And you all can't convince me that you're not gonna be downloading this useful script that Putty posted and enjoy it. You should thank me for that because you probably didn't know anything about this issue until now.

Therefore, I'm done here and you guys continue wallowing in your little world of trolls. I don't have time for that because I have a lot of things going for me in the real world and my Evo is just another tool for me that I hope I can use to its full potential and help me in going about my business. But for whatever it's worth, I always enjoy exposing trolls and pretenders. So long. It was fun.

Upvote 0
alright guys. I initiated this thread because i really had a legitimate inquiry and expected constructive answers. Thanks again to putty for providing that answer. And you all can't convince me that you're not gonna be downloading this useful script that putty posted and enjoy it. You should thank me for that because you probably didn't know anything about this issue until now.

Therefore, i'm done here and you guys continue wallowing in your little world of trolls. I don't have time for that because i have a lot of things going for me in the real world and my evo is just another tool for me that i hope i can use to its full potential and help me in going about my business. But for whatever it's worth, i always enjoy exposing trolls and pretenders. So long. It was fun.

hahahah the evo: a tool to expose trolls and pretenders.

Reactions: Evoixmrftw
Upvote 0
Alright guys. I initiated this thread because I really had a legitimate inquiry and expected constructive answers. Thanks again to Putty for providing that answer. And you all can't convince me that you're not gonna be downloading this useful script that Putty posted and enjoy it. You should thank me for that because you probably didn't know anything about this issue until now.

Therefore, I'm done here and you guys continue wallowing in your little world of trolls. I don't have time for that because I have a lot of things going for me in the real world and my Evo is just another tool for me that I hope I can use to its full potential and help me in going about my business. But for whatever it's worth, I always enjoy exposing trolls and pretenders. So long. It was fun.

Sounds good. Any questions, feel free to ask! :)
hahahah the evo: a tool to expose trolls and pretenders.

ZOMG don't laugh, that makes you a troll!

Upvote 0
There is a tweak over on XDA to turn them on and off via an icon on the homescreen. Some guy got pissed with this and made it.

Here:

[Script-How to]Single Tap to Toggle On / Off the Button Leds - xda-developers

Anybody know if there is a solution that doesn't require the Evo to be rooted? Just like original post indicated, once fully charged and still on charger, button lights are off even when screen is lit. I know where the keys are, so not that big of a deal, but still nice to have.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones