• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Captivate TV Out Problem

resman

Lurker
Aug 2, 2010
Hey guys, just wanted some input from everyone out there. I tried the tv out feature on my new Captivate and my friends 5 hour old Captivate via the 3.5 RCA cables on two different plasma tv's. We did not get a clear output like we saw in the youtube video. We get what looks like an old scrambled cable tv signal. I swapped the yellow and red cable as well as the white just in case the video signal was feeding through one of those cables and we still got the scrambled output. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

I picked up a cheap ipod video cable off of Monoprice.com and hooked it upto my TV, and it works fine.

Try just the Video cable into the TV, make sure you are getting that out of it. Also make sure the 3.5mm part is firmly inserted all the way into the phone. if the cable is poorly made it might have a bad connection in the 3.5mm jack, so play with it a little bit and make sure its got a good signal.

I'd blame it on the cable before the phone, and suggest trying another cable if you can.

(sadly I can't find the cable at monoprice anymore)

Upvote 0
I have been trying to use this Philips 3.5mm to RCA (Yellow, Red and White) but with no success. Have tried switching the yellow with white and red and am still getting a scrambled picture. I guess from what I have been reading, I should get a new cable?

Attachments

• Philips Cable.jpg
    Philips Cable.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 37
Upvote 0
OK I've tried everything. First cord didn't work. Tried switching yellow for red, and white, TV out is checked, and its set to NTSC. I made sure everything is connected all the way and directly to the TV... so I spent $ for a Samsung brand cord that's meant for this purpose on the Captivate. Same exact problem with the scrambled picture, and loud buzzing audio. I'm so freakn frustrated! Somebody help me! :mad: please

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones