• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Car Headunit SG3 compatible?

shezza84

Lurker
Nov 1, 2012
Hi all,

Im on the search for a double din headunit at the moment. I came across the Pioneer with AppRadio and AppRadio2. I understand that the Pioneer SPH-DA100 (AppRadio2) can work with some Android phones, but getting mixed reviews whether or not it will work with Ice Cream let alone Jelly Bean. Sadly it doesnt came with a disc slot either. I understand they are basing it on the fact that we can hold everything on our phone, but still would be nice to have.

So to sum up, Im wondering if anyone can confirm whether or not it will work with our phone and also if there is any other options around? I mostly want to be able to use maps off my phone via the headunit as well as browsing if possible.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones