• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Carrier or Phone????

I have a Google Nexus 6P phone and love it. There are time when I am experiencing issues with the phone that I have not noticed or experienced before (with my Moto X) and I am wondering if there are ways I can try and test/determine if the issue are actually with my Nexux 6P or the carrier. Last night for about an hour, I could not send or receive sms text's - my daughter (on verizon with an IPhone) was sitting across the table with me and we were texting (testing) each other. None came in or went out - but both phones [Nexus and iPhone6] thought they had successfully sent the messages and could send and receive calls as well as emails over WiFi.

A few times in the past with this Nexus phone, I have also had users tell me they have tried to call or send me text - and I do not receive anything - no missed calls or indications that they have tried to send or contact me in any way. One of the times I did call US Cell support about it - and they said there were issues with a tower in my area and it should get better.

Each time these things occur they lower my confidence in the phone. I am wondering - if while they are occurring - are there ways I can test or trouble shoot to determine if the issue is actually on the phone or something on the carrier? US Cellular say they support this phone and I had a Corp Office install the SIM Card, for the most part it works great - but i would like to be able to determine where the issues are occurring.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones