• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Carrying options for Evo while running/jogging/exercising.

... I've been looking for something like this for a while, glad I came here, saw HTC Evo Armband :: Run & Walk with your HTC Evo!
Placing my order now, hoping it works adequately with my screen protector (zagg) without pulling it off.

:cool:

Quick update, Phone fits very well, stays in, and is fully accessible in the holder with only the volume buttons taking focus to press. Tried it at first with just a screen protector (ZAGG invisibleSHIELD) and I was frustrated because of the tight fit and "sticky" screen, but soon after figured out a good method for removing the phone after use. Take your ID card (or library card/credit card/etc) and slide it between the screen and clear face of the arm band, that un-sticks it so you can slide the phone out with little problem.
Now I have my ZAGG LEATHERskin on the back and the phone still goes in and out of this armband perfectly.
Well worth the $$ spent.

Reactions: jmattix
Upvote 0
I've found this to be the best thing to hold the Evo while running:

hand.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm an avid runner. Usually 5 or more miles per session. I ran with my EVO all last summer using the arm bands linked to above (post #3). They look a bit hokey, and are a bit of a tight fit, but they do work. And with all the varying form factors that smart phones come in, this is probably the best we'll see.

I wouldn't worry about any 'extra stress' on the device. If it's mounted on your arm, it's seeing very little stress. I wouldn't mount in on your waist. No because the impacts might damage the device (there than shacking a memory card loos), but because the point of attachment will break eventually.

I wouldn't go out in the rain with it, though. Moisture is the enemy of electronics.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones