Case Suggestions?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Reidic

Reidic Member This Topic's Starter

Im finding it kind of hard to find cases for the captivate, I had the incipio slide on case but dirt and debris was finding its way into it and scratching the phone a little if I slid the case off. I'm hoping to find more of a rubber slip on case for it, I saw one so far at AT&T (black with diagonal stripes not sure the manufacturer) but my brother bought it for his captivate. While trying to avoid looking identical to his phone, any suggestions for a good rubber slip on case?

Advertisement
  2. jblaze5779

jblaze5779 Well-Known Member

I went with the body glove case. Like it so far.

enough tack to it to not slide everywhere but not enough to pull your pocket inside out.

3. ilusv

ilusv Well-Known Member

I placed an order for the grey one but many other colors to choose from

Amzer

4. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

There are also other Amzer cases that will ship on 8/24. Guess they needed time to ramp up production...

5. Ogami Itto

Ogami Itto Active Member

Is there a case like the Apple bumper that only covers the sides?

6. t-readyroc

I haven't seen anything like that, but it'd be cool if it did exist...

7. vpcocco

vpcocco Member

As of last week at the AT&T store in Woburn, MA, the only cases they had for Captivate were the Incipio. Went with that one. Real pain to take off once it's on.
    AT&T guy says cases have a 30 day warranty. They should be receiving other types of cases within the next few weeks. Within that 30 day period I can swap out the Incipio with something else.

Last night I slapped on an Invisible Gadget Guard to protect the screen.
    Still waiting for the air bubbles to settle. At first it felt like I lost some sensitivity; but manual states it could take up to 24 hours for screen shield to totally dry.

8. Ogami Itto

Ogami Itto Active Member

Yeah, I got the same case and you do need Superman to take it off, so I am taking it back. Also, it makes it kinda hard to open the usb door.

9. Citznfish

Citznfish Active Member

I have the Body Glove Gel Case and highly recommend it.

You can find it on AT&T's website or in stores.

10. JackTheKnife

JackTheKnife Well-Known Member

+ for the Body Glove gel case for quality and design

11. MrTony

MrTony Banned

I saw pic of a leather holster on one of the forums that was the typical type with magnetic cover, but it looked like it was OEM and had a "Galaxy S" metal tab on it. I could swear it was taken at an AT&T store.

12. Jetspeed

Jetspeed Member

The body glove case is very nice. Low profile and it doesn't "stick" in your pocket like a silicone case does.

13. t-readyroc

Just ordered the Amzer jelly case from Amzer's site. They're saying it's shipping on Monday, & it was only $15 including shipping.

14. Wreckoncile

Wreckoncile Well-Known Member

Any tips for getting that thing off? I tried once, and man, I thought I was gonna break my phone just trying to get it off.

15. Djidea

Djidea Well-Known Member

There are finally some showing up on eBay for under $10. I only see clear snap on ones. I bought the incipio from the att store. It fits nice but super hard to get off. Only took it off once to put screen protector on. Other than that... I don't see why I need to take off unless I need to replace battery. But ill probably pick up one from eBay also.

16. Djidea

Djidea Well-Known Member

Same here. I don't really wanna try for a second time. But its gonna have to eventually come off.

17. Regalicious

Regalicious Well-Known Member

There's a first-party black rubber case with a funky 80s-ish "Galaxy S" design on the back

18. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a full body skin.

19. rurouni572

rurouni572 Member

For the Amzers, what's the difference between the 3 skins? Crystal skin case vs. silicone vs. rubberized hard case? They all look like 1 piece skins. I'm tempted to go with the argyle crystal skin cases because the colors look nicer, but obviously how well the skin protects the phone/its feel is more important.

20. ShanghaiWillie

ShanghaiWillie Member

I love the Otter protective cases that are part rubber and part plastic. EXCELLENT cases that fit on your phone. They're not cheep, but they're worth it! I'm also paranoid enough to also keep it in a carrying case. I've just been using a case that has worked for an iPhone and Blackberry.

Otter doesn't have a case for the Captivate yet. I contacted them and it sounds like they'll have it sooner or later. They didn't give me a date.

In the mean time, I ordered a mesh case off of ebay that looks pretty good. It was listed under NEW! Samsung Galaxy S I9000 Premium Mesh Case Genuine.

21. cbk.o4

cbk.o4 Member

As far as I know, all accessories have a year warranty, my INCIPIO case came with a year warrrenty..

as for gettin it on and off, mine comes off easily now, but i take it off every couple days to clean it out.

22. The Shape

The Shape Well-Known Member

I love my body glove case.

23. Djidea

Djidea Well-Known Member

So what's the secret to getting this thing off. Its so snug that it feels like I'm gonna break something.

24. novagator

novagator Well-Known Member

I had the Incipio clear plastic case. That thing was terrible. The only advice I can offer to get it off is pull. Really hard. I took it back and got the body glove case until my phantom skinz chromatic comes in. I'm really pleased with it. If I end up not liking the chromatic, I'll be more than happy to stick with the body glove.

25. cbk.o4

cbk.o4 Member

no trick, just pull lol