• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Case that works with 3 prong car mounts and docks

Jonagpa

Mar 30, 2010
Maybe I am asking for too much but I would really like a slim case that can work with a home dock that has the 3 prong system or the usb/hdmi out and a car mount with the 3 prong system as well. anyone know of anything like this? I have searched but nothing so far.

the dock would have to have connections that protrude out far enough to make contact past the opening on the case.
I'm really really really hoping someone like Seidio finally figures out there's a HUGE market for this and comes through for us.

It would certainly be epic. And you're right, I'd buy one for the car and next to my bed without a second thought. thats a hundred bucks from me... and im sure there's tons of people that would do the same

Upvote 0
Perfect scenario.
3rd party makes the following

3 Part layered Case (similar to ipad otterbox defender case)
iPad Defender Series Case, iPad Case, iPad Cases // OtterBox.com

A very slim case that covers most on the phone. bottom, top, left, right, and the front has a small lip to prevent the screen from making contact when setting face down. The back should be open exactly the same size as the battery cover, this will allow all extended batteries to fit this case.

There should be a second part to the case, a soft case that will fit over the slim case and give extra protection, it should cover the open back of the slim case. Should still be slim to keep the size small and allow the third part to fit.

the third part should fit over the soft case ether from the front or the back, giving you a choice to protect the screen when in your pocket or the back when your using the phone.

the second and third part should come off and on easily to make the case versatile and easy when you want to dock it. adding or taking off layers as needed.

The docks

Media/desk dock

Should be able to sit in portrait or landscape to give choice. should work with part 1 case.
usb and hdmi and audio out.
usage of the 3 pin system

Car mount

Should be able to sit in portrait or landscape to give choice. should work with part 1 case.
usb and hdmi and audio out.
usage of the 3 pin system

Maybe I can set it up in kickstarter, make a goal and have the manufacturers compete for the contract. This way the manufacturers can have some motivation when they see the demand.

Reactions: machiz7888
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones