• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Casting Phone Image to Win 11 PC

Try using the Teamviewer instead. This will involve online connectivity for both your phone and your computer so the USB cable isn't required, and you'll need install Teamviewer on both your phone (use Teamviewer Host app) and your computer (any Teamviewer variant, in this instance your phone is the server and you computer is the client).
https://techwiser.com/use-teamviewer-to-mirror-your-android-screen/

Upvote 0
I was able to cast the screen from Android to Win 11 PC but when I tried watching movie it did not work. it seemed to work for other screen shots but not a movie, the screen just went black. I was using a USB between the devices and installed AirDroid Casting on both phone and PC.

Any advise would be helpful.

Could be the video casting is blocked by DRM(Digital Restrictions Management)? All depending on whatever it is app and/or service you're using. For some movie casting and streaming you need to have a link and devices that comply with HDCP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones