• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] EVO 3D Kernel Problem

Gdub420

Lurker
Oct 6, 2012
Hey guys i really need some help here. I have a HTC EVO 3d on 2.89.651.2 HBOOT 1.58 s-on but bootloader ***UNLOCKED*** I am able to flash roms and kernels without any problems. I updated my rom last night to Cool-ICS-v10-EvoC sucessfully. I woke up this morning still wanting to mess with it so i decided to flash a new kernel... sadly i havent got my phone to do anything at all after that. All i can do is boot into bootloader and recovery and i use TWRP never made a back up. So now when i reboot the phone in its normal state i am stuck on the white HTC screen. The kernel i flashed was silverneedle-test5. Is there any way to extract the kernel out of Cool ICS rom and go back to the kernel thats in that rom? I also tried the RUU SHOOTER 2.89.615.2 with no success it gets to the update then fails...tells me to do a restore. Please help me i am stumped here!!! Thanks for your time and help!!

Hey guys i really need some help here. I have a HTC EVO 3d on 2.89.651.2 HBOOT 1.58 s-on but bootloader ***UNLOCKED*** I am able to flash roms and kernels without any problems. I updated my rom last night to Cool-ICS-v10-EvoC sucessfully. I woke up this morning still wanting to mess with it so i decided to flash a new kernel... sadly i havent got my phone to do anything at all after that. All i can do is boot into bootloader and recovery and i use TWRP never made a back up. So now when i reboot the phone in its normal state i am stuck on the white HTC screen. The kernel i flashed was silverneedle-test5. Is there any way to extract the kernel out of Cool ICS rom and go back to the kernel thats in that rom? I also tried the RUU SHOOTER 2.89.615.2 with no success it gets to the update then fails...tells me to do a restore. Please help me i am stumped here!!! Thanks for your time and help!!

It's probably incompatible to the 1.58 hboot, which is causing you problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones