• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Get ready for OTA's!

Screenshot_2015-03-07-02-43-22.png

Upvote 0
Here is the first attempt at a 5.0.2 stock rom. I will not have a chance to test it until Monday so if anyone wants to give it a go please do :) I also put together a partition updater. It would be interesting to know if we need to update the partitions in order to run Lollipop. If I were testing I would flash the rom first and see what happens. If it flashes ok but does not work, you can always flash the partition updater to see if that gets it going.

As always, I am not responsible if this turns your Moto G into a paperweight ;)

Boost Moto G 5.0.2 ROM
falcon_220.42.18.zip

Boost Moto G 5.0.2 Partition Updater
falcon_220.42.18_updater.zip

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here is the first attempt at a 5.0.2 stock rom. I will not have a chance to test it until Monday so if anyone wants to give it a go please do :) I also put together a partition updater. It would be interesting to know if we need to update the partitions in order to run Lollipop. If I were testing I would flash the rom first and see what happens. If it flashes ok but does not work, you can always flash the partition updater to see if that gets it going.

Boost Moto G 5.0.2 ROM
falcon_210.12.57.zip

falcon_210.12.57_updater.zip
Will the boot loader and modem get updated?

Upvote 0

Boost Moto G 5.0.2 ROM
falcon_210.12.57.zip

falcon_210.12.57_updater.zip

word life, im downloading it now. its super hard to brick my g and i dont think you would have "fully" phoned this one in ;)

Upvote 0
Is your screen still flickering as you're using the ROM? That's what's happening to me :/
Turn the screen off and back on its the same issue as CM12.
The stock rom is deodexed out of the box which I thought was a bit strange. I did not root it or remove anything at all so it is pure stock at this point. If you want root just flash SuperSU after the ROM.
Thanks, it works great. Mines not flashing while running it, but it did like crazy in recovery and booting. I'm checking out Xposed next. I gotta try to put this thing down and get some sleep. Either that or make some coffee. LOL.
Edit: they probably deodexed it to save system space with ART taking up more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones