• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] [S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF -Beta Release- Incl. 1.50 hboot (no downgrade)

DonB

♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™
Nov 30, 2009
18th Hole Of the Golf Course
You know the drill use at your own risk, I simply post you the info, it is your job to do the research and read the full post, good luck and report back with all your findings, please the full requirements before to test this out

OP at XDA Below

[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF -Beta Release- Incl. 1.50 hboot

Instructions | Unlimited.IO

24 HR Support Click HERE

Thanks to Globatron

Version 0.5 supports evo 3d cdma (shooter)
It gives hboot 1.5 radio S-off, so no downgrading to 1.4 involved​

Instructions

Note for Sensation and MT4GS

While it is possible to gain S-OFF on using any current version of android on the HTC Sensation and MT4GS, we encourage you to use the revolutionary tool if your device is on a supported hboot. The revolutionary tool is a simpler process for the end user than JuopunutBear.​
Prerequisites

In order to use JuopunutBear you must meet the following pre-requisites:​

• Be unlocked using the HTCdev bootloader unlock
  • Be on the stock ROM and be rooted (have superuser and/or an unsecured boot image installed)
    • Some custom ROMs may work, however we cannot verify them all. If you are not using a stock ROM and have problems then this is most likely the reason.
  • Have a spare microSD card or to have backed up all contents of your SDcard, the card may be wiped, while we try to restore the card to it’s original state is is possible that this will not succeed
  • Have fastboot and adb drivers installed and working (windows)
  • Have usb debugging enabled
  • Remove and potentially interfering phone software which such as HTC sync, Andro sync, PDAnet etc, iTunes has also been noted to cause issues.
  • Have a legth of insulated wire of sufficient length to join the contact points for your device. See images and videos for device specific information.
Instructions

1. (Optional) Perform a full backup and replace your sdcard with one that you are willing to wipe.
  2. Ensure that your battery is fully charged.
  3. Choose the correct download for your device and operating system
  4. Extract the zip file to a new directory
  5. Verify the MD5 checksum for your download
  6. Read and/or watch the video for the device specific information for your device
  7. Run controlbear as admin(windows) or root or using sudo on linux
  8. Follow the on-screen instructions from ControlBear
  9. Do not press any of the buttons on the phone during the process.
  10. After doing the “wire-trick” your phone will reboot. The sequence of the reboot may vary somewhat from that you see in the videos as these were taken during various stages of development.
  11. If you see the following message from ControlBear after doing the wire trick:
    • ErrorMsg: Still sober.
    • This means that you have been unsuccessful in implementing the wire-trick. Run ControlBear again.
    • The usual cause for this is that you failed to perform 2 clean contacts or mis-timed the wire trick.
Your phone will reboot several times during the process, this is normal. ControlBear will tell you when it has finished whether successfully or not.

Reactions: novox77 and jerofld
And I have been following the thread over at XDA and so far some have had success, here is some quotes below

Just did it and .... CONFIRMED IT WORKS !! LOL Noce job man i also installed the modded hboot and it works perfect. Thanks i am s-off again now the easy way.
smile.gif

Be sure to use copper wire filament does not work i just used a speaker wire. It took me 3 tries to time it right once you get it after it says do wire trick now and says please wait remove the wire
I confirm it working.
I recommend using a paperclip wrapped in electrical tape. I spent all last night trying with wire, but failed. I tried just now with the paperclip, successful first shot.

Best thing to ever happen.
This worked great and soo soo easy. Glad that I waited...lol

Didn't do this from stock!! Still worked and only took 3 mins..
Worked like a champ. I also used a paperclip with masking tape and got it on my second try...woulda gotten it on the first, but the process went so quickly I didn't even have my backplate off yet when it told me to do the wire trick.

Thanks to the team for pulling this off and making it so darned easy!

I chose to install the "JuopunutBear" version which is "1.50.5050", but I'm still trying to figure out if that bought me anything more than a different heading from the stock 1.50 bootloader.

A couple of tips for those that haven't done it yet:

1. You really do need to uninstall HTC Sync if that's currently on your PC. I tried doing it with HTC Sync installed and I got ADB and driver errors. You don't need to reinstall the HTC USB drivers after the HTC Sync application is uninstalled, as they remain on the system.

2. The paperclip I used had a plastic coating on it, which I didn't realize until I tried the wire trick a couple times. If you use a paperclip with plastic coating, or you're not sure, use a razor blade to scrape the last 1/4 inch or so of each end of the paperclip.

Once all the tips are complete and followed, the whole process can be done in less than 10 minutes.

ramjet73

attachment.php

Another one for proof, quote below with pic

got it on second try, used stock rom but after tool was finished i restored zr3d 3.0 gt and it acctivated with no issue. Thank you guys so much for all that you do for us.
attachment.php

You can follow the progress here before testing, [S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF -Beta Release- Incl. 1.50 hboot (no downgrade)

Reactions: jerofld
Upvote 0
No problem. I am actually conversing with one of the XDA members right now on the subject. I will most likely just stay with what I've got and then once the official ICS comes out figure out what to do when the devs post a rom that will work for those of us that have used this S-OFF method. I kind of want to stay close to stock if I can.

Ryan

Upvote 0
So I just got S-OFF. But now it says my bootloader is *** LOCKED***. Do I need to use HTCdev to re-unlock that?
View attachment 34240

Edit: It is telling me I need to activate my phone too?

No once you have s-off you don't need to unlock the bootloader again, however if you want to you don't have to deal with htcdev at all. The unlock file is tied to your phone, just run fastboot and push the token over again.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the noob question, but I might be overlooking the answer. I thought read that in order to perform this process, you needed to be on the stock ROM. I'm rooted and using MEANRom ICS 2.4. Will performing the process work now, or do I have to flash the stock ROM back onto the phone? I just want to be sure I don't mess up my phone. Rooting was a complete success to begin with, I'd hate to go and screw up the 3VO now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones