• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cell Standby??

sharinlea

Oct 9, 2010
Rooted using auto-nooter 3.0.

Just checked my battery use and it says that cell standby (time without signal 100%) is responsible for 49% of my battery use. While the android system is only responsible for 2% and wifi for 5%. (Softkeys for 37%)

Is this just plain inaccurate, or should I be concerned that my battery is getting eaten away simply because I have no cell radio?

The OP for the xda cell/battery usage "fix" has updated the process as having no effect. BTW The battery use application will always show 100% regardless of how much power is being used. That's what it does. It doesn't show how much battery is being used, just the percentage of the total usage each process uses. It would be nice to see no use from an function like cell standby, but disabling it doesn't seem to have any effect on battery life.

Cheers,
kev

Reactions: ob1j3d1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones