Change where your internal GPS says you are?

Last Updated:

1. crash660333

crash660333 New Member This Topic's Starter

I am new here and have tried searching................no luck. Is it possible on a droid to change where your location is? That is to say if I'm in Cleveland but want (if anyone looks) to look like I'm in Columbus?

Thanks
    Steve

Advertisement
  2. poultrum

poultrum Well-Known Member

what you trying to hide? their is ways to do it just wanna know why you would want to?

3. crash660333

crash660333 New Member This Topic's Starter

Going thru a break up and the wifey checks up to see where I'm at is why.....

4. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

You could do it on a WinMo phone, via a registry change...I'm sure it could be done on Android, if you had root access.

5. poultrum

poultrum Well-Known Member

Now before you think I`m being judgemental,I feel very worried about passing this information on as it maybe, being used for bad not good, I`m sorry but I do not want to be involved, if you don`t want to be tracked just turn your GPS off but as for showing another location,if you have broken up what does it matter where you are unless of course your not meant to be in certain areas

6. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

No doubt, but the "true" location can still be found via cellular positioning, so either way, the OP would be "found".

7. Fenga Papit

Fenga Papit Banned

Maybe you should have thought of hiding where you really are before now? Just sayin'!:D

8. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

That's pretty general location though. But yeah he can't mask what city he is in.

The only way to cloak your location completely is turning it to Airplane Mode (to disconnect it from the network completely) or turning it off. Verizon still knows where you are as long as you are connected to their network.