• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Change where your internal GPS says you are?

Now before you think I`m being judgemental,I feel very worried about passing this information on as it maybe, being used for bad not good, I`m sorry but I do not want to be involved, if you don`t want to be tracked just turn your GPS off but as for showing another location,if you have broken up what does it matter where you are unless of course your not meant to be in certain areas

Upvote 0
Now before you think I`m being judgemental,I feel very worried about passing this information on as it maybe, being used for bad not good, I`m sorry but I do not want to be involved, if you don`t want to be tracked just turn your GPS off but as for showing another location,if you have broken up what does it matter where you are unless of course your not meant to be in certain areas

No doubt, but the "true" location can still be found via cellular positioning, so either way, the OP would be "found".

Upvote 0
No doubt, but the "true" location can still be found via cellular positioning, so either way, the OP would be "found".

That's pretty general location though. But yeah he can't mask what city he is in.

The only way to cloak your location completely is turning it to Airplane Mode (to disconnect it from the network completely) or turning it off. Verizon still knows where you are as long as you are connected to their network.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones