• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changing back to old app drawer?

Killocity

Lurker
Jun 8, 2010
Just updated my DHD with the Gingerbread update, which changes the app drawer in grid view to a sort of 'sectioned' approach to scrolling.

For those yet to update/unaware - there's no free-scrolling page in the app drawer in grid mode. It sorts them into blocks of 16 (4 x 4) and you scroll through these blocks.

Is there any way of changing this back to the old free-scrolling style? It's still there in list view, but there doesn't seem to be an option to change the grid view back!
I don't want to resort to changing launchers again :(

Reactions: SydL
Just updated my DHD with the Gingerbread update, which changes the app drawer in grid view to a sort of 'sectioned' approach to scrolling.

For those yet to update/unaware - there's no free-scrolling page in the app drawer in grid mode. It sorts them into blocks of 16 (4 x 4) and you scroll through these blocks.

Is there any way of changing this back to the old free-scrolling style? It's still there in list view, but there doesn't seem to be an option to change the grid view back!
I don't want to resort to changing launchers again :(
I agree with Killocity, I don't like it either. HTC should have left it as an option for us to decide which one we prefer. However the nice thing is swiping left of right horizontally also moves the screen which is a nice touch, kind of like having the best of both worlds. I would still use the full scroll though, I enjoyed seeing the apps zoom smoothly by like greased lightning with just a flick. I hope they bring it back as an option. If not, I'll probably start using GO Launcher again.

Upvote 0
I can honestly say the best thing I have done with this device is switch to Launcher Pro PLUS.

Using Launcher custom icons too, makes the device feel really personalised

images

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones