• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Changing Roms help please

squashabe

Lurker
Oct 23, 2013
Hello, I'm new to this forum so please excuse me if I've posted this question in the wrong forum. I have an Huawei Ascend G300 phone with the latest version of ICS. I rooted the phone tried to install clockwork mod and Jellybean unsuccessfully and managed to get me phone into a loop where it wouldn't switch on. I tried the factory reset from recovery but with no success. I then downloaded the latest ICS firmware from the Huawei website, and reinstalled the rom from my sd successfully by pressing the volume keys and the power button at the same time.
Can anyone help with the following questions

1. Will my phone still be rooted? The "superuser app" icon has gone.
2. Would bootloader have prevented me from installing clockwork mod and would I have to unlock the bootloader for clockwork mod to install
3. Is it possible just to download the latest version of Jellybean, store on my sd card and install it by pressing vl+ and Vol- as I did for the re-installation of ICS.
Thanks

Adrian

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones