• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charge X bettery through laptop using supplied USB cable

Mine was doing the same thing and wouldn't connect via USB. I was looking around and under settings, application setting there's a Development tab. In there make sure the USB Debugging is NOT checked. As soon as I unchecked that, it started charging and pc recognized "motoral" device....

Upvote 0
Have you killed any tasks? If you killed USB it won't know that it's plugged in.

Thank you sooooo much :D I've been sitting here on my computer for 1+ hour installing various motorola drives, and little did I know that I'd killed the USB! You sir, have saved me from crawling the web the rest of the night!

The Droid X is my first droid phone, and I'm liking it very much. I hated living in Apple's walled garden and this phone is so refreshing :p

Well, that was an awesome first post:cool:

Upvote 0
If the Droid X has USB Debugging turned on the battery will not charge from USB power.

this is not my experience. i've been rooted for a couple weeks and am still adjusting things, so USB debug is always on. the phone definitely charges (slowly) via USB.

one note re: USB charging...in order to be a good USB neighbor, the X limits itself to 500mA current draw when it sees a true USB connection (check settings / about / status / battery...charging (usb) vs charging (ac)). if you are running any radios, or even the screen, 500mA is barely a trickle. many 'USB' chargers game the system and will indicate AC, but a USB port connection to a PC definitely will not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones