• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Charging issues

One last update....contacted Samsung and they told me to take it to an authorized repair center. So I took it to an authorized repair center and they were able to replicate the issue and said they could not repair it. They told me to contact Samsung and go through the warranty process. So I did. And disappointed is putting it mildly. They said I have to mail in the phone to THEIR repair center, that they cannot take the word of the authorized center they sent me to. I'm told it's 5-7 business days before they can make a decision. So, after mailing, that's 2 weeks. Then they'll send me a new one since this cannot be fixed. They do not offer any sort of loaner phone, so I'd be without a phone for 2+ weeks. I use it for work so I cannot be without it for that long.

Very disappointed in their solution, especially for such an expensive phone.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
One last update....contacted Samsung and they told me to take it to an authorized repair center. So I took it to an authorized repair center and they were able to replicate the issue and said they could not repair it. They told me to contact Samsung and go through the warranty process. So I did. And disappointed is putting it mildly. They said I have to mail in the phone to THEIR repair center, that they cannot take the word of the authorized center they sent me to. I'm told it's 5-7 business days before they can make a decision. So, after mailing, that's 2 weeks. Then they'll send me a new one since this cannot be fixed. They do not offer any sort of loaner phone, so I'd be without a phone for 2+ weeks. I use it for work so I cannot be without it for that long.

Very disappointed in their solution, especially for such an expensive phone.
:mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones