• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nokia C01 not charging.

jonwil

Lurker
Aug 24, 2010
I have a Nokia C01 Plus that wont charge when connected either to the Nokia charger that came with the phone or to my PC via USB.
I have tried all the troubleshooting steps I saw online including a factory reset (which somehow caused me to loose everything except calls and data despite the backup settings in the phone telling me that everything was backed up before I did the reset), plugging in USB with the phone powered off (which caused Windows to say "new device found USB gadget" before the phone went into a loop of displaying the Android Go logo then nothing then the Android Go logo and so on) and rebooting the phone many many times.

The fact that Windows at least saw a device over USB suggests the USB charging port itself isn't physically damaged (and I can't see any dirt or debris in there).
Any suggestions for what I should do? Anything else I can try? Do I need to take it to a repair shop? Buy another phone?

Reactions: manole2023
I don't think its a battery issue since A.The phone simply refuses to see the charger at all or even try to feed juice into the battery and B.If I charge the battery with an external battery charger, it seems to at least charge it up to some extent.
Even more so since the phone is just over a year old (bought it in October of 2022)

Upvote 0
I took it to a repair place this morning who tried a couple things and then told me it wasn't worth fixing and I was better off buying a new phone (I then went and bought another cheap prepaid, this time a Nokia C02 since that was easy to get hold of and cheap). Of course just a few minutes ago I randomly plugged the old C01 in and somehow as if by magic the phone started charging. I can't trust that its actually working working and wont fail at the wrong moment so I will keep using the C02 and leave the C01 in a drawer at this point.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones