• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help charging my nexus 7 overseas

Upvote 0
thanks. is there a non asus equivalent that i could walk into any electronics shop & purchase?
Considering that Asus makes the only 10W unit of which I'm aware, probably not. You could take the comment from whs37, "All they have done is fixed the $2 adapter to the US charger and ask 30 Euros for it." and get a $2 adapter, then glue it to the US version.

Alternatively, search amazon.uk (I think that is the address?) for a unit, search criteria
(10W or 2A)
mini-USB
schuko

GOOD LUCK! Please report back what you find.

Upvote 0
You don't need a new charger. Just a $2 plug adaptor like this one: Amazon.com: US to European Plug Adapter: MP3 Players & Accessories

I travel between the US and Europe since 50 years and that's all I ever needed - for 110V to 240V chargers.

well i took back the first charger i bought today & the store didn't have the other one in stock. went to another store & the guy there hands me a 3 euro adapter similar to the one you mentioned. he swore it would work. although still a bit leary i decided to try it. i've got it plugged in the last 10 min as i type this from my nexus 7. so far so good. i guess i'd notice by now if it was going to damage it? it definitely charges faster than the usb only through a computer.

Upvote 0
Screenshot_2012-12-16-08-39-48.png

i may need to make a new thread for this, but does this amount of usage seem normal? less than 5 hours usage on battery since i charged it....it seemed to have dropped overnight while turned off as well. most of my usage is online with wifi & google & apps. i'm still getting used to this thing so i'll be monitoring it. i just got a plug into charger notice @ 20%. ( i do not have gps turned on)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones