• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging problems

Sptz

Jun 17, 2011
I've noticed today something really odd happening with my phone while charging through USB.

It seems not only to take a LOT of time, but if I'm using the phone it doesn't charge.... it literally doesn't. I've been playing Angry Birds for 30 mins and the battery was at 33%, after the game it still was at 33%, I lock it and after a while it went up to 44%, I start using the phone (general stuff) and it doesn't go up or takes AGES.

Could it be my battery that is faulty, or cable, or anything software related?

I've noticed today something really odd happening with my phone while charging through USB.

It seems not only to take a LOT of time, but if I'm using the phone it doesn't charge.... it literally doesn't. I've been playing Angry Birds for 30 mins and the battery was at 33%, after the game it still was at 33%, I lock it and after a while it went up to 44%, I start using the phone (general stuff) and it doesn't go up or takes AGES.

Could it be my battery that is faulty, or cable, or anything software related?

What kind of charger did you use?

Harry

Upvote 0
The default one, through USB. I just looked at it, 61%... this is insane... It's been on connected through USB to my laptop (on mains) since around 14h, it's not 18:57

You have to use that AC charger which came with your Desire.
Then your phone will get enough charging current to charge the battery and to play Angry Birds :)

Harry

Upvote 0
Is that the problem then? Because I used to charge my iphone through usb, one hour tops was enough. Guess this isn't the case here, just wanted to make sure nothing is wrong. Because even by not touching it it takes hours

Charging without "touching":
- With "charge USB" your Desire will be charged with 500mA charging current and will need about 5 houers for a full charge (with your laptop as charger).
- With "charge AC" your Desire will be charged with 1000mA charging current and will need about 2.5 houers for a full charge (with the charger which came with your Desire).

Which kind of charging your phone does, you can see:
Setting > About phone > Battery > Battery status ...

Harry

Reactions: Sptz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones