• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cheapest micro sd cards?

I thought I would share a couple tools I use to detect "fake" sized flash drives.

1st is RMPrepUSB - This is the swiss army knife of USB and SD memory, has many tools to test and create bootable memory drives and more. One of the tests is a quick size test that will inform you if the drive is legitimately the size it reports to be.

Download - RMPrepUSB

Second is a smaller tool created by the same people that created RMPrepUSB, a stand alone single exe "FakeFlashTest". Handy if all you want is a size tester or want to drop it on a pendrive as part of your toolkit for fixing or diagnosing computers and devices.

https://sites.google.com/a/rmprepusb.com/www/tutorials/-fake-usb-flash-memory-drives

Upvote 0
Also never assume simply paying more for something will guarantee it's performance or life expectancy.

Cloud backup and storage providers along with apps that will sync your most precious files such as pictures and videos to the cloud right from your device or even right to your desktop when connected to your home wifi point are a dime a dozen.

Bottom line is with gigs of free space from Google, Box, DropBox, Copy.com, Bitcasa and more with their own apps and tons of free sync offerings from the play store there is no excuse for data loss other than your own laziness to create a free solution.

Upvote 0
I would avoid buying from eBay at ANY cost, most of them are fake (especially a high capacity).

Personally, I trust ONLY Sandisk, though they are not perfect either. Look up in my review links (sticky in the forum at the top or in my sig) where I reviewed their latest 128GB microSD.

Coincidentally, my card actually failed lol!!! with a bad controller, so I contacted Sandisk and within a day had RMA and already sent it back for replacement. The lesson, always backup your data no matter how much you trust the manufacturer ;) Furthermore, even buying from Amazon, be very careful because a lot of scammers add their fake card listing under official product listing. Make sure you know exactly the seller you are buying from, and this applies to either US or UK Amazon ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones