• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cincinatti Bell releasing the Behold II ....

yeah says it has wired usb tethering

That's using standard modem drivers, though. Can T-Mo's do this right now? I never tried.

I there is indeed something different it "might" mean that Bell added kernel support for tethering.

edit: nvm - it works now. I put in "epc.tmobile.com" instead of Bell's access point. If I didn't work in a basement bunker I would have a signal now.

Upvote 0
That's using standard modem drivers, though. Can T-Mo's do this right now? I never tried.

I there is indeed something different it "might" mean that Bell added kernel support for tethering.

T-mobile Phone have had this already. You can Actually get Tethering working in the all my Rom's, you just need the .bin for the module that re-enables it from 1.5, in the 1.6 build they removed the support for it.

*edit*
never-mind, I assumed they removed the support for it, but this does fix other tether issue though.

Upvote 0
Does their version come with 1gb internal storage?
cbw_sam_t939_hard_reset_02.jpg

Upvote 0
Very interesting development on the Behold II front...

If they are making their customizations to the ROM (or using BH_MAN's), I suspect, they must have some type of dev support from Samsung, whether it be source code to the drivers or something else...

If it is indeed stock Android, and they have the source to the drivers, this might help us get 2.2 on the Behold.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones