• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
CiQ is not part of Basix.
K0nane took it out before packaging Basix. He'd never ship it any other way...

BTW, k0nane is also the dev who first found the hidden CiQ program (while working on the EPIC at the time) and demonstrated how "evil" it can get on your phone, while TrevE was working on a parallel version of it on an HTC phone.

So the likeliness of K0nane not having removed CiQ from any ROM of his is slim to none... or more like none to none... yeah...

Don't forget to give him a shout out /thanks for that if you see him around!

Upvote 0
The Indulge does not have CIQ installed on it. Metro does not use it. I asked about it on IRC a few weeks ago, and the legendary k0nane assured me that the Indulge indeed does not have it installd. He then added that I should have known that he would have taken care of it if it did have CIQ, so we're all good.

However,

I found an app called Keytracer recently, which has permission for EVERYTHING and cannot be removed. I (and everyone else on the internet) have no idea wtf it is, or what it does. I made a thread about this recently; check it out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones