• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clear your Cache!

We all know the ascend is not a very efficent phone, anything that saves battery is a bonus, I don't miss juicedefender at all anymore, too many connection probs, got most things turned on including GPS, and WI-FI, battery last as long(somtimes better, as long as I don't use data too much). Now my prob is with that dam handcent, turned off everything in the stock app, but handcent doesn't do too well with long text, no matter what you do, but it's pretty( no not gay).

Upvote 0
I keep reading suggestions to go to Settings/Applications/Manange applications, then go into the individual apps and select "clear cache". My LG Optimus S is on 2.2 and doesn't offer that option. There is a button for "Clear data", but it sounds to me like that will delete all the app data, not just temporary cached data. Not what I want to do for most of my apps.

Is there a command elsewhere in the menu, or do I need Android Assistant (since I'm not rooted)?

Upvote 0
I keep reading suggestions to go to Settings/Applications/Manange applications, then go into the individual apps and select "clear cache". My LG Optimus S is on 2.2 and doesn't offer that option. There is a button for "Clear data", but it sounds to me like that will delete all the app data, not just temporary cached data. Not what I want to do for most of my apps.

Is there a command elsewhere in the menu, or do I need Android Assistant (since I'm not rooted)?

You may need to post this in the forum for your Optimus S. You're in the Ascend forum. :eek:

Upvote 0

If your rooted get Cache Cleaner NG, it will clean all your cache without clicking on each app. But yeah your in the wrong forum.

Upvote 0

It sounds like you're not scrolling down the page far enough to see the 'CLEAR CACHE' button.I know you have an OPTIMUS,but,let us know about your progress,it may be of help to the ASCEND owners here,or,for that matter, any other ANDROID owner who happens to stumble upon our little 'RABBIT HOLE' in ANDROID FORUMS. :)

Reactions: BudDroid
Upvote 0
It sounds like you're not scrolling down the page far enough to see the 'CLEAR CACHE' button.I know you have an OPTIMUS,but,let us know about your progress,it may be of help to the ASCEND owners here,or,for that matter, any other ANDROID owner who happens to stumble upon our little 'RABBIT HOLE' in ANDROID FORUMS. :)

Ah, that was it. Not scrolling far enough. There were only a few apps that had a cache, though. Only freed about 4 MB.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones