'Clicky' noise happens when typing with vibration setting on???Support

Last Updated:

1. gatorgolfergirl

gatorgolfergirl Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys. So i wanted to see if anyone else has the same issue as me...I have my settings so that my keyboard only vibrates (no sound!) for sending texts BUT it makes a clicking noise sometimes when I press the keys. This is really annoying and no. Hard reset does not help. Has anyone else experienced this?? Please help!!! Oh and my phone is the HTC Incredible.

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Which keyboard are you using? Make sure under settings -> language & keyboard -> (The keyboard you are using) -> Sound on taps (or similar) is unchecked.

3. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

I dont think thats what he means. I think its a actuall sound of the phone, not a system sound. I think its prolly the vibrator thing hitting something inside. I wouldnt worry too much

4. PearlRose

PearlRose Well-Known Member

It could be the vibrate too. That thing is loud!
    I remember one night I left my phone on vibrate only on the TV stand. When I got a call, I could hear that vibrate buzz in the other room. Makes it hard to loose in silent mode as long as its on a surface it can rattle on.
    A good plus using the alarm. The rattle plus the annoying ring wakes you from the deepest sleep.

5. gatorgolfergirl

I think you are prob right berry2droid. I saw a Verizon tech and when i told him what was going on, he looked at me likei was lying. Idiot. But I can hear thr clicking/popping house still and is only auduble when its really quiet where im texting. Ugh.

6. Vaseline Smith

Vaseline Smith Well-Known Member

I know that on the EVO (which also is and HTC phone) there is a feature that makes this annoying clicking noise when you type or touch the screen, I know this because a friend of mine has that phone and always has that feature on.

7. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

I think I have that problem too. Does your phone has that clicky sound when you first start up your phone from off?

8. andrewzpsu

andrewzpsu Well-Known Member

Mine does it too. It happens after about every 3 key presses like it is hitting something.

9. gatorgolfergirl

It doesn'tdo the noise at the start up but idoes make the noise every few keys. It's rly annoying. Like the something is loose under the screen and the vibrating keys messes with it. Andrew, have you asked any verizon people about it? I'm tempted to call them up and tell them to sjip me a new phone.

10. troddeh

troddeh Member

I had that problem right after I swapped the 2gb microsd card for my 32gb one. It was quite annoying. I removed the back cover again and put it back on making sure the tabs all clicked in. I did it from the earpiece side down to the trackpad. I don't know if that was the actual problem but after I did it, the problem went away.

I think that noise is from the camera. I get the exact same noise when I turn on my phone and then again when I use the camera.

gatorgolfergirl likes this.
  11. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

Ya! I have this problem after changing out my SD card, maybe something broke in there.

12. gatorgolfergirl

I did just switch to a different SD card. I will switchback to the original one and let you know I'd that fixes it.

13. gatorgolfergirl

Ok so i switched the new SD card back to old one and the noise was still there. but when i switched it back to the new one, the noise stopped. So i'm thinking maybe the back cover isn't built as sturdy as it should be and maybe one of the pegs wasn't in tight enough?? when i pressed down on the back of the phone and texted, the noise stopped. but when i released my finger, i could faintly hear the noise again. the noise seems to be gone for now so i'm keeping my fingers crossed. thanks for all the help everyone!! i really appreciate it. :)

14. gatorgolfergirl

you guys were SO much more helpful than the verizon people. they can take their answer of 'just do a hard reset' and shove it....

15. FairyMonkey

FairyMonkey Member

Has anyone found a solution yet? I have the same problem with my new HTC