• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cliq took a bath

ki_soarer

Lurker
Jul 3, 2010
My girlfriend had to jump into a pool to save her daughter and her phone went with her. She took the battery and sim card out right away and put the phone in rice for about 3 days to let it dry.

The phone booted up ok, but did not recognize the sim card. I called t-mobile and put the android package back on the account (since her spare phone has windows mobile). after another day of letting it dry out, I put the sim card back in and retested.

now the error message is gone and the phone appears to work ok, but the touch screen only works for the first 5 seconds or so.

Every time i reboot the phone, sometimes the touch screen works, and sometimes it doesnt.

There is a pattern lock on the phone and when it works, I can get in, but when it doesnt, I cant.

Is there anything that I can do once I'm able to get back into the phone that may help? Im afraid the screen is toast, but not sure why it works sometimes.

Thanks in advance for any help. Sorry for the long thread.

well what i would do is take the screen lock off first and yea that phone is toast man ebay it for parts and get another one i had a problam with my cliq the screen whent bad for no reason and trust they r a bitch to chang so my advice is if they keyboared wrks fine take the code off if u can and use it lkike that till it burns out

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones