• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help. Huge Bug. Cant do anything on phone, keeps going to home screen. Looked all over internet.

alepabrahao

Lurker
Nov 30, 2022
Hey,
I have a Xiaomi Redmi9. It was working great until this morning. For the whole day I cant do anything with the phone.
When I unlock it and it gets to the home screen, done of the apps I click open. If I switch the screen to see any other apps it automatically goes back to the initial screen and if I bring the options menu down (with the wifi, mobile data, location, airplane mode etc), it also pushes it back up as soon as I stop touching the screen. So whatever I do is not performed by the cellphone and it automatically goes back to the initial home screen.
I tried to reboot it many times, pressuring the initiate and volume down and up. I tested it without the sim cards. But still not working. I also made it run out of battery and charged again - again didn't work.
I have a lot to important data in the cellphone that I would need to save in my computer if I needed to clear all the data. But if I connect the cellphone to the computer I cant find it to get any of the documents...
Another interesting aspect is that while in the locked screen I can bring the menu options down and start or stop any of the options there (mobile, wifi, flashlight...). But when I unlock the phone that doesn't work...
Please, somebody help me =p

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones