• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Clock/alarm clock issue

Stealthman

Android Enthusiast
Jul 2, 2010
On the stock HTC clock/weather widget, I can no longer touch the clock and open the clock options such as setting the alarm clock. It used to work and suddenly does not anymore. I can still touch the weather and that opens up. I pulled the battery, I also deleted the widget and re-added it. Any other ideas on how to fix this?

Long known about problem, unfortunetly there hasn't really been a good soloution yet. People have even done factory resets and had it still go bad again. Mine didn't work, then mysteriously started working again about a week later.

While mine wasn't working I got "Alarm Clock Tokiko Free No Ads" from the market and really like it. I find it much easier and more convienent to use.

Reactions: JennRN
Upvote 0
This was a problem for me as well. To get around it I downloaded Alarm Clock Plus from the market, which worked well. Occasionally I would touch the clock widget just to test whether or not it had magically reappeared...Then one day my Kindle app had a meltdown and required that I uninstall it and then reinstall it. I tested the clock widget again and to my surprise it was back! It has been working ever since.

There are several threads in this forum covering this subject. Some of them report the same kind of app related reappearance of the functioning clock widget. Other than uninstalling and reinstalling every app to see which one is interfering (if that is the case with your missing alarm) or a factory reset, I haven't seen a concrete fix. So, best advice is to cruise through the existing threads on this problem to see if there is more insight that would help you out :)

Luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones