• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root clock and alarm clock

This hasn't been my experience. Both apps bring up the icon for me, in both the notification panel and the lockscreen.

CAP201004281848.jpg

But...I did some further experimenting, and I found that if you kill the app (either), the alarm will not go off.

Do you have some sort of task killer that may be doing this? If so, you need to add them to the exception list.

Upvote 0
ok even though its not showing in those places it seems to be going off cause i set it for just now and it went off even with no clock by the time and nothing on lock screen before i put the phone down

Hrm, maybe the notification icon in the framework-res.apk didn't write correctly? Did you do a clean install or install over another ROM/older version?

But I'm glad to hear it's working :D

I wish I could get up at your times.

6:15 FTL :(

Ehh, those are the default alarm clock times.

My wake up time is much, much later than those, rofl. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones