• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clockworkmod and Rom manager Huawei x5 u8800 2.3.5

My friend, (Who has a LG p500) Has recently upgraded to Android 4.0. (somehow... :thinking:) And i'm pretty jealous. :mad: And iv'e nearly been able to update mine.

Anyway! My Android is a Huawei x5 u8800 with Android 2.3.5 and iv'e been trying to update my Android to 4.0 Ice cream sandwich. I have this folder that I think will do it called Aurora or something, But the problem is my Clockworkmod recovery won't work! I've bought Rom manager premium, And when i try to flash Clockworkmod, It has a box telling me to confirm my model, and the only phone it has is some stupid U8160!
I used it anyway and tried to boot into recovery and it didn't work at all. It just brought out the stock one.

So my question is:
How can I change my phone model in Rom manager?
OR
Has Huawei released Android 4.0 yet?
OR
How the hell can I get ice cream sandwich on my Huawei u8800?

:thinking:

Hello and welcome to the forums - thanks for joining!

Your friend probably got ICS on their phone by rooting it and flashing a custom ROM on his phone. I'm not sure how many maufacturers have officially released ICS yet.

As you have mentioned ClockWorkMod and ROM Manager, are you rooted? I think that would be the only way to get it on your phone at present. I know that ROM Manager is not compatible with some devices particularly, but not limited to, Samsung phones... I am not sure about your particular device... you might like to check in Huawei IDEOS X5 (U8800) - Android Forums (and the "All Things Root" section within that sub-forum), as other users of the same device are the best to give advice on it!

Hope you find this place useful!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones