clockworkmod recovery 2.5.1.1

1. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

Trying to do a back up of my ROM with the new clockworkmod and it hangs up at Generating md5 sum.... wont do anything untill i pull battery. anyone else get this error?

Advertisement
    :
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

No, but I can one up you. Got the dreaded:

E:can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
    (file exists)

E:can't mount CACHE:recovery/command

Lol. Sent an error report to Koush.
  3. iowabowtech

Got it to work on attempt #2. Might as well reflash recovery once you guys all take the update. May help to avoid a similar issue.

I did get the hangup at md5 generation like you mentioned. After about 45 seconds to a minute, it got through it and completed though. Before, that was a real quick deal. Not sure why the change.
  4. SynisterWolf

Mine would hang for 20 min or longer. Had to do a battery pull. I reinstated it and still get the hang up. I'm going back to the other one. It worked just fine.
  5. iowabowtech

Yeah 20 mins is a whole different ballgame. Don't blame you. If I have any more problems I'm hitting reverse also.
  6. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member Developer

The new recovery doesnt even boot on sLCD incredibles
  7. chilangoblanco

chilangoblanco Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not digging the new version either. It had a hard time flashing a new ROM and I had to do a restore. How do you go back to a previous version?
  8. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

9. biohazard989

biohazard989 Active Member

random question. so i went back to the older version but rom manager still shows im running 2.5.1.1 when clockwork shows im running the older version. is that correct?
  10. ju1c3

ju1c3 Well-Known Member

Why not just use rom manager to flash the old version? That's what i did. Bottom option, select the old version. Back to 2.5.0.1
  11. SynisterWolf

I did It this way and it fixed the problem and it shows 2.5.0.1
  12. John316

John316 Active Member

Can someone tell us what the revisions are? I just updated to 2.5.1.1 but I didn't notice any visual changes. Btw, I used the bootloader method (PB31IMG.ZIP) and didn't have any problems updating. I went into ROM Manager immediately after rebooting and was prompted that an update to Recovery was available...I told it to flash, and it updated the virtual version of recovery. So now they both agree in ROM Manager as "2.5.1.1"
  13. SynisterWolf

lol nice name.... I cant find a change log anywere. maybe he fixed it to work with the slcd incredibles because there were some problems with the new ones out there. im going to try to do it the way you did it and see if it fixes the hang up problem for me. i just need to charge the phone first with all the flashing i have been doing this morning, its a wonder the phone still works.