• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ClockWorkMod

Reactions: rukin5197
Upvote 0
WhisperPntr said she tried and it bootlooped her phone
I only used the straight pre compiled version. I have yet to change even files like the fstab which after looking at it is completely different.

I just got my laptop to dualboot ubuntu 10.04. Got the drivers and all working yesterday so I should be able to build and help development if need be.

Looks like no takers. Oh well. You can catch me on that channel.
Gannon, more than willing to do so though we're several time zones away (I'm in Hong Kong). Let me do some changes on shabby penguin's build first and then if I'm clueless I'll hit you up.

Thanks for stopping by! Both of you (Shabby and Gannon) investing time on our project and phones despite your busy schedules. :) Will msg both of you if I have exhausted all options.

Upvote 0
I only used the straight pre compiled version. I have yet to change eve files like the fstab which after looking at it is completely different.

I just got my laptop to dualboot ubuntu 10.04. Got the drivers and all working yesterday so I should be able to build and help development if need be.

I could use you on the IRC.. :D

I don't necessarily need someone with adb and linux. I could use someone with adb/someone with linux.

I'm going to need to be able to set up the BoardConfig.mk file with values such as this:
BOARD_KERNEL_BASE := 0x13F00000
And this:
BOARD_BOOTIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x080000000
BOARD_RECOVERYIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x0010FE80000
BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x63BFFC0000
BOARD_USERDATAIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 0x79FFFC0000
BOARD_FLASH_BLOCK_SIZE := 131072

But I'm going to need to use adb to find out.

I'm going to need someone with linux to use an extract-files.sh to set up the vendor files properly. Yes, they will need to set up a CM compile.

Upvote 0
Good news!

opensource-mc@lge.com
11:02 PM (8 minutes ago)

to me
Dear Gannon Macdonald

We apologize that it was our mistake.
We are preparing for source code for VM696 Virgin Mobile as you mentioned.
And our Dev. team said that they will release the source code until this Wednesday(6/27) in Korea Time.

Upvote 0
Good news!

opensource-mc@lge.com

to me
Dear Gannon Macdonald

And our Dev. team said that they will release the source code until this Wednesday(6/27) in Korea Time.

Thats amazing! :) THANK YOU!

Upvote 0
Good news!

opensource-mc@lge.com

to me
Dear Gannon Macdonald

What does that man for us? thats kernal only right?

Upvote 0
Hmm, they never gave us complete source with the Triumph. We never got driver sources and had a bunch of driver issues with wifi/wake lock etc.

also does it include recovery?

No idea. But the LG Optimus Elite from Sprint has full source code. So that means more good news. Can't tell until Wednesday ;)

I will play with it when it comes out.

Upvote 0
opensource-mc@lge.com
5:14 AM (2 hours ago)

to me
Dear Gannon Macdonald

We are happy to say that we upload the source code you requested.
Please visit our distribution site and download the source code what you want.

Thank you.
Sincerely yours,

LGE MC Company Open Source Code Distribution Center
Email : opensource-mc@lge.com

Upvote 0
opensource-mc@lge.com
5:14 AM (2 hours ago)

to me
Dear Gannon Macdonald

We are happy to say that we upload the source code you requested.
Please visit our distribution site and download the source code what you want.

Thank you.
Sincerely yours,

LGE MC Company Open Source Code Distribution Center
Email : opensource-mc@lge.com

I would really like to get in to this stuff and was wondering if there is a really good [HOW TO] to explore the ROMS and figure out how to optimize and generally play around. I search the internet and A LOT of stuff comes up, but not what is actually good to read up on. I am pretty proficient in the IT space and know linux so using that platform to play around on is an issue. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones