• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ClockworkMod?

idic

Jan 8, 2012
I rooted with a seriously old version of CWM - without rebooting to check I think it's 3.x. I'd like to update to a more recent version, but when tapping on install latest version in ROM Manager it asks me whether I have a 'Motorola Xoom' or a "Motorola Xoom WiFi".

I have the 3G Xoom MZ601, but I don't need the 3G functionality just at the moment so I'be installed a wingray (WiFi only) JellyBean ROM as there aren't any 3G ROMs available yet to me knowledge.

Can anyone suggest a version of ClockworkMod that I should be using for my setup? Thanks!

I rooted with a seriously old version of CWM - without rebooting to check I think it's 3.x. I'd like to update to a more recent version, but when tapping on install latest version in ROM Manager it asks me whether I have a 'Motorola Xoom' or a "Motorola Xoom WiFi".

I have the 3G Xoom MZ601, but I don't need the 3G functionality just at the moment so I'be installed a wingray (WiFi only) JellyBean ROM as there aren't any 3G ROMs available yet to me knowledge.

Can anyone suggest a version of ClockworkMod that I should be using for my setup? Thanks!

head over to xda forums. they got 3g jb Rom. most of the development is over there

Upvote 0
I would use this clock work recovery. It has touch screen control.
CWM Rogue Touch Recovery V1.5.0 (Updated 5/6/12) - Team Rogue - RootzWiki

yeah, but this recovery will wipe your internal storage if you restore a backup where /data/media was excluded.

it's an extreme limitation

so far, only solarnz tiamat recovery will successfully exclude /data/media in the backup process and not wipe /data/media when it is restored (when it was excluded from the backup).

but, i'm working on fixing this with my touchnav build, as i hate the look and feel of tiamat's recovery

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones